Hello from Germany

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emiko

Hi guys,

I'm so glad that I've found a English speaking rat rescue orientated forum. I'm a mod a German rat rescue orientated forum (b.t.w. we've got an English Corner as well :wink2: ) My name's Sonja, I'm 30 and I've had rats for 5 years. Usually I have an average of 10 rats from the rat rescue. My rats live in a special designed rodent cage and are able to roam the room 24 hours a day. I've got a homepage (am I allowed to link it and show it to you?). Also I'm working on an English version of my homepage.
Of course, rats are my greatest hobby, but I also love going to concerts and festivals. I like (Heavy) Metal and (Hard) Rock a lot and also music from the seventies. My husband plays the guitar in a band.

Can't wait to read more here in this forum. Hope to meet nice people here.
I already love your smilies :thumbup:

Please excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker.

:happydance:

Welcome to the Rat Shack......I would love to see your rats and your homepage....
This forum is filled with wonderful people....I'm sure you will love it here.
:welcome4:

Hi Dahlas,

my homepage is: www.rat-nose.de
As I said before, I've just started to work out an English version of my homepage therefore there are still quite many mistakes and dead links. But I'm busy :nod:

My rats live here:
haltung_kaefig_unidom3.jpg

They've got a whole room for themselves :D
haltung_auslauf_zimmer1.jpg

If you like, you can click through my gallery (4 pages):
http://www.rat-nose.de/bilder_meinestinker.htm

I've already read a bit in the forum. There really seem to be a bunch of nice people here.

:joy:

Hi and welcome!!
I'm so pleased to read that there are other rescue forums and efforts all around the world!!!
You can most definitely put up links. You can put it here if you want or put it in our links section.
You've got some very lucky rats free ranging all day!!

Wow, that's great :happydance:
yeah, they're free ranging and free marking and peeing everywhere my little monsters :D :giggle:
They can be called lucky rats and I can be called poor human because I have to wipe the floor quite often the week. :gaah:

I will start other threads soon and introduce my rats to you and how they live.

If you like you can also visit our rat rescue forum www.ratteneck.de
We haven an English corner there :wink2:

Can't wait to meet more nice people here :roll:

:hi!:

Willkommen Sonja!! Manchmal schaue ich auf deutsche Ratte-Seiten mein Deutch zu uben.

But I think your English is better than my German!

Your rats are very lucky - they have a wonderful place to live.

:welcome2: Wilkommen!

Your ratties are so lucky to have their own room to free-range in. That means that you are a rat-slave, just like most of us!!

(I laughed at your link containing "meinestinker"!!)

Looking forward to seeing your photos.... Just had a look at your gallery. Your little stinkers are adorable! They look so happy.

Thanks at all for this heartly welcome!

Yeah, I'm a rat-slave :lol: :lol: I'm a stinker-slave :lol: :lol:

MumsyRat you can learn more German now, because I'm about to translate my site into English :wink:

:joy:

:welcome4: to the Rat Shack! You rats are beautiful, with such great stories behind them (read your post introducing them :wink2: ). I'm sure you'll like it here!!!

Welcome!

I took six years of German in high school and college, but that's been 15 years ago, and I've forgotten so much of it. I spent three weeks in Germany at the end of high school and spoke nothing but German while I was there.

Your English is excellent!

And I took seven years of French and forgot everything. :laugh4:

Where did you spend your time in Germany?

This weekend I'm going to a wedding in Switzerland. It's the first time I got to Switzerland. Can't wait to sit 6 hours in the car :gaah: I'll miss my rats. Probably they're having a bit party tonight :laugh4:

We spent most of our time in Bavaria, and a day trip into Austria. We toured Neuschwanstein, and Dachau, and some wineries on the Rhein and Mosel rivers. And spent a lot of time just enjoying the countryside. I sure wish I had been into photography back then!

Back