Healthy weight?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scandalous

Miss Hannigan's babies are now 7 weeks and 2 days old. I've noticed that Daddy seems to be lagging behind his brother in growth. I just wanted to check in with you all and see if anyone has an idea what a healthy weight range is for 7 week old ratties?

Today Daddy weighed in at 207g while Punjab is 239g. Over the last week, Punjab grew by 61g while Daddy only grew 41g.

The girls, Grace and Pepper both weigh less than Daddy. My concern is that the gap between Punjab and Daddy is widening while Grace and Pepper have a 6g gap between their weights as opposed to their 9g gap last week. (Grace is 195g and Pepper is 189g) Am I paranoid? Is Punjab just a fatty? Is it totally normal, or should I be doing something to help Daddy boost his weight a bit? I'm guessing the girls are probably fine at their weight since they are close in weight to each other. Also assuming that it's normal for the boys to be bigger at this point....how much bigger?

K, everyone tell me I'm crazy now please :)

I can't really give a good estimate as to how much the little guys should weigh...but my adult boys usually weighed somewhere around 650g give or take a bit.

Back