Hawk - What the heck?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

I have had hormonal rats, but this boy! We just had them out for play time and Hawk was going after his 3 brothers and occasionally Clark and mounting/humping them. Not just an occasional hump, running from rat to rat like he couldn't get enough. He even thought about my arm a few times, but thanks to Clark I know what to watch for with that. Then there was poor Hank who got his face humped, but what Hawk did afterwards was priceless - he literally rolled over (sitting like a big squishy rat) with his (ah humm) sticking out and proceeded to ...... well you get the picture. I know who's up next for a neuter!!

How old is he now? Sounds fairly normal for a young male. A few of my males are doing this now. They aren't going after the males though because they have a very willing female in the cage. lol

Boys hump boys more than girls around here. It is part of boys. They hump during intros or when htey get to excited. Generally the others will put an end to it or not. It usually stops after intros are completed and they are moved in.

Haha that is so funny..Timmy has been doing that a bit lately but I also have girls and his momma gabby went through a humping phase a few months ago so I figure it will pass like hers did.He will hump all the boys but moose and I think that is because he knows moose will give him a thumping since he is the order keeper in the cage and been with the boys since they were 5 weeks old so he has been a great surrogate father to them :)

Back