Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K, HP freak here too. ;)

This film was definately lacking, but I of course still loved it.

I am hoping that they extend the last movie because they left soooo much out of this one that I thought should have definately been included. Some parts were too short and if you hadn't have read the book again, you probably need to.

Hey, where's the big battle? Did I miss it?

Moon said:
With the length of the books, they just can't follow the story line anymore. I think if you consider how much they were trying to put in the movies, the condensing is necessary and it's been done in such a way that it keeps the story flowing well. And I entirely disagree, the 4th movie didn't follow along at all, and it was by far the most disappointing one for me.

There are some characters I would like to have seen and story lines that I would have liked to see being followed, and yes, a lot of info was left out. But for the HP fan who follows the movies only, it would certainly be a worthwhile addition to the series.

Twitch touches on the "stupid" scene quite nicely. Christmas at... somewhere ;)

wait, no you're right. the 4th was a disaster. that was the goblet of fire one right? for some reason i thought that was the 5th movie and i completely forgot about the order of the phoenix. yes, i agree that was a flop too, so maybe my theory of having a crap director is flawed then...

there is no one saying that one book equals one movie though. they make a crud ton on each movie they could always make it into a two part-er. i mean that's what they are doing with the last movie right? i think that if they are wanting to stay more true to the book no one would mind going to see 2 movies to cover it. and its not like this is the first movie in the series that they would be risking the movie to flop because they are unsure of their audience. the audience is most certainly there and they know it.

Yes, for the book and movie, the fourth one, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban was one the best. I liked them all, though, of course. It's naturaly a favorite series of mine.

It's:
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Pheonix
Half Blood Prince
Deadly Hallows

I liked the movie but then again I can't stand the books. If I cared about the books then I might have more to contribute to this conversation, but as a stand alone movie it was very good. With everything a movie should have...unlike Transformers (don't get me wrong I loved that movie, probably even more than HP but it sucks as a "film").

I like that it was so darn funny, but what I didn't get was
[spoiler:3qmhcv15]If he took a potion that causes luck, why did he get cocky? Luck and cockiness are two different things.
And speaking of cockiness did anyone see whatshisname's (the one that was a hot for Hermione) broom? LMFAO!!![/spoiler:3qmhcv15]

[spoiler:3980vncj]i think she's talking about the other guy. the guy that hermonie took to the party and then tried to avoid the entire time.[/spoiler:3980vncj]

I liked it don't get me wrong, but I feel like the whole movie was a set up for the next one, there was no big fight scene and Harry didn't seem to be able to do much of anything...except with Drako, it could just be though becauSe I haven't read the books..

David Yates said that there was no battle in this movie because it would take away the intesity of the Battle of Hogwarts in the last movie.

I know! I'd like to see more battle scenes, aswell.

We should see a lot of Voldemort in the next movie. Woohoo!!! I love Voldy!!

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

brittanyfork said:
Voldy-mort! Voldy-mort! Oooo Voldy! Voldy! Voldy! VOLDY-MORT!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals for the win!

No way. I love the Pupper Pals. :laugh4: Their videos are a favorite of mine. "The Mysterious Ticking Noise" is one of the best.

I'm seeing the video at 1:40 today with this boy named Jospeh. I hope the line isn't too crowded. I'm so excited! :joy:

Back