Harrington feb, 2003- march 2003

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexandraBoo

This is a friend of a friend of mines rattie boy. His story is a sad one. RIP Harrington! Sweet boy!

This is in memory of our boy Harrington, February, 2003 - March, 2007. He was our butter-boy, because he weighed as much as a pound of butter (and loved to eat it whenever he could). We have no vet or animal hospital in our area open after hours. Harrington suffered a stroke in the early evening on a Saturday. There was nothing we could do. We stayed with him, held him, but eventually we had to have him lay on the bed with out touching him because any touch would start a terrible seizure. As the hours passed, the seizures became more violent and he appeared to be in a coma. All we could do is cry and whisper to him letting him know we were with him. At around 1:00 in the morning, he became aware again, and tried to lick my daughter’s hand. It broke my heart. He licked her hand very weakly, and then he passed away. I can’t write this even now without crying. We loved Harrington very much. He was a wonderful boy, and spent every moment he could of his life giving us cuddles, and eating our pillows, blankets and sheets. We still have the pillow cases and sheets that are filled with the holes he made.

Rip Harrington, loved and known by so many!

Back