Hardware cloth

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CardboardCastles

I've been going nuts looking for the stuff. Found this online (I won't order it just because I need it like....today, lol)

http://www.backyardstyle.com/shop/index ... f912cb6292

Coated, which is a bonus.

Random questions, because sharp pointy ends concern me greatly....how do you guys attach hardware cloth to your cages to protect your climbing babies feet/tails/etc without poking themselves on the sharp ends? Right now I'm planning on building a little set in panel to each panel of my FN that has covers over all the hardware cloth edges...

Its galvanized hardware cloth coated with PVC, I've been looking at buying normal galvanized HC, and having it powder coated somewhere, which is what I think I'm going to end up doing...

This is a different type, Yang. :) I know what you are talking about because I've seen that green plastic mesh too, but this is indeed coated wire, and not the plastic stuff.

Katie, looks good! For the edges, I'm not sure. I've seen people clip it down far enough there isn't much, and use electical tape on the rough edges. As long as it's on the outside and they can't reach it, it should be okay.

Edit:
Green PVC Coated Hardware Cloth has many uses and is great for pest control.

That's kind of what you're doing, right? LMAO!! :giggle:

Back