Happy birthday to my boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! Time flies!! :bigb-day: to all the Wildthings!! and to the Drs. too!!:balloons3:
That was really cool seeing a pic of Hobo!! Thanks!

Vanessa said:
I hope his children are better adjusted than he is.

Well my original 3 were wild but slowly taming down especially after I neutered the boys. But once I took back in Lori's 4 Wildgirls I was in for a shock. These rats would bite. Mine were timid but never once even threatened to nip. Many bleeding fingers later we are working out a good system. "Into the bag" works very well for them now, so the hated hands don't grasp them. But they love to lick and mostly the 7 will gently take food from my fingers...mostly, since I do have a few piggies. :roll:

It's nice to get updates about all the wildthings at once, including Hobo. A year already? I don't believe it. You're all lying. :lol:

:balloons3: :bananas:
(hope there's a banana there for each birthday kid)

Happy Birthday Doctors! I wish you had a different birthday that was just all yours, cause you are such good boys you deserve some special attention (beyond what you mom definitely gives you)
And Happy Birthday Wildkids Victor, Frank & Fred. And certainly to all the litthe wildthngs out there too.

lilspaz68 - You have wildthings too?
And Vanessa, do you have Hobo?
Where's the mom?

Happy Birthday to each special little individual one of you!!!

Fidget said:
:balloons3: :bananas:
(hope there's a banana there for each birthday kid)

Happy Birthday Doctors! I wish you had a different birthday that was just all yours, cause you are such good boys you deserve some special attention (beyond what you mom definitely gives you)
And Happy Birthday Wildkids Victor, Frank & Fred. And certainly to all the litthe wildthngs out there too.

lilspaz68 - You have wildthings too?
And Vanessa, do you have Hobo?
Where's the mom?

Happy Birthday to each special little individual one of you!!!

Fidget there are 10 Wildthings and 4 Doctors and of course 14 dancing bananas!!! :thumbup:

Ok long story short, 2 rats were found and eventually captured in a back garden in Ottawa. The mom (Rennie whom I have) gave birth to 10 wee gouti babes, as well as 3 bot fly larvae. :puke: Soon after that Hobo was caught and 4 warbles were removed from him. There's a few of us who know waaaaay too much about those parasites now. :roll:

Jo was going to be in Ottawa, and picked up the family, and brought them home when the babies were 3.5 weeks old (I think?), and socialized and weaned them. Her mom took in the 3 boys, another local woman took in 4 girls, and Vanessa did a halfway to pick up Hobo, Rennie, another girl, and sadly 2 boys whose adoption failed. Vanessa went home with Hobo and I kept the 4. We soon found out that these were not normal domestic rats at all, as Vanessa out of all of us can attest to the most. :undecided:

The other 4 girls recently were returned to me when they had to be rehomed. So Mamarat has 3, Vanessa has Hobo, and I have mom and 7 Wildlings (5 girls, 2 neutered boys).

Here is Mom Rennie...she lives with 2 laidback girls after having been subjected to her nervy kids most of her life. She's finally settled down and is a sweet girl now. I think her time surviving outside is something she will never forget.
RennieAug1.jpg

Ugh warbles... those pictures haunted me. I remember us all thinking he had been bitten by a dog, the way those holes looked.

Yup, I know the story, I heard it from Jo when she got all the kids way back when, and also got my first introduction to hearing about warbles - yuck!
I didn't know of you Lilspaz & Vanessa when I heard about the kids all getting homes tho.
So hello to you both - Rennie & Hobo's moms!
It's lovely to see a picture of Rennie, congrats on making her feel at home with you. Can I beg for a picture of Hobo? I've never seen one of him either.

Fidget said:
Yup, I know the story, I heard it from Jo when she got all the kids way back when, and also got my first introduction to hearing about warbles - yuck!
I didn't know of you Lilspaz & Vanessa when I heard about the kids all getting homes tho.
So hello to you both - Rennie & Hobo's moms!
It's lovely to see a picture of Rennie, congrats on making her feel at home with you. Can I beg for a picture of Hobo? I've never seen one of him either.

There's a pic of Hobo on page 1 of this post, follwed by ones of with my 7 Wildlings, Beni, Ortiz, Teya, Laila, Kara, Nissa and lil Faerdae.

Back