• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hammocks to raise money for rescued crippled girl with tumor - USA

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Saw this on a rat site but I have no personal knowledge.

Teenager is raising money for surgery, and you can receive a hammock based on the amount you donate.
See site for info and info on hammocks. Teenager is calling the hammocks "rewards"

I got a call a few months back about taking in a female rat who had lost her sister. I figured it was just a typical rescue where the rat is just old and the person no longer cares about the animal, but it ended up being much bigger then I has expected. When I got her, I learned that:
1. She is only One and a half years old, Mid-aged lady, not very old at all
2. She has a tumor, and an erupted tumor
3. Malnourished, crippled back legs, only had bird treats to eat, and was COVERED in Lice
4. She has bad hair loss, scabs all over

When I went to pick her up, it was at a sketchy parking-lot of the dispensary. The cage had never been cleaned, she never had a bath, and she looked like a breathing skeleton.

She has been so malnourished, her black legs are crippled. She drags herself (the tumor rubs the cage, irritating it), and when she does put any weight on them, she walks on her knuckles like a gorilla. Her nails were so long they grew up against the bottom of her toes.

Now, that she has proper food, cage, and a friend, she is doing much better, and trying to walk on her back legs a little more, but her tumor has tripled in size.

Note: The Rewards are optional. I am located in the USA. If you are located anywhere else, please let me know and we can work out the reward. It would at least triple the shipping and defeat the purpose, but we can work something out if really needed!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uNYIqdh_Q[/ame]

Last edited:
Back