Hagen hamster extrusian blocks

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Zellars is selling small bags of it :joy: :joy:
... which is good news to some as Walmart no longer carries it.
Walmart has switched to food that will kill your small pets. :?

Thank you for letting me know that Walmart doesn't sell it anymore.
Our Walmart opens next week and I was going to stretch out mine till Walmart came. Guess I can't now.
Maybe I'll see if one of my coworkers can pick me up some at Zellers.

Is this a good diet for rats? I have been feeding it to mine as it's all I can find in this area that seems close to what my girls need, but the biggest problem is that the only place I can get it is at the local petstore. I HATE supporting them, but I want my girls to have a good diet. I'll try Zellers and hope our store has them too!

It's not the best but it's good enough. There's a breeder that has always fed that to her rats and some have lived beyond 2 years... Also, make sure to supplement with fresh veggies.

Yes ... I guess I will be soon be making a pet store purchase for the first time in years ...
I go through about 33 to 37 pounds of blocks a month and at almost at the end of the bag ...
No way can I afford $14 plus tax per bag for 12 small bags of oxbow a month ....
Will have to buy large bags of extrusian at the pet store ....
... don't know if I can do it but I have little money and no choice :sad3:

Dahlas said:
Can you buy a bag that big? I thought there "big" bags were 3.5 lbs....
How much is a 30lb bag?

Don't know ... might be $100 but still cheaper then trying to get enough of the small bags ...
I know people who used to get the 30 pound bags ....
They might have to be ordered tho ...
Anyone know the least offensive pet store in the Halifax area?

I know of Best Friends pet supplies at exit 5 on the 103 highway (St. Margaretes Bay) by the dollar store. They don't sell any pets as they are against pets being sold in petstores. I don't know if they have the blocks, but I bet they'd get them in if they don't. These people are real animal lovers, and I think they need to be well supported, to show that this is the way a pet store should be run! I am thinking about going to them myself even though they are very far away, just so that I know I am supporting someone I want to, and not the horrible places every where else. Hopefully they can help us!

Back