Guess who made a home on my front steps...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's four!
1045014_575050232517697_1108865992_n.jpg

That is just awsome!!!

I'm reading in some parts like in TX for one of the Facebook company headquarters building, there is a family of desert fox that made their home on the property, rather then shoo them off they allowed the family to rear their kits and they still patrol the company grounds today! They kinda designated them as Facebook mascots in that area and posted a Facebook page specifically for the employees to take pictures of their wild furry friends and post them. It's really cool.

It's cool when people let the wild animals do their thing, cooperating so that they can have babies like this! This isn't damaging to the property, and you have your own spectacale of wild life performing right before your eyes! How awsome is that!!!??

Oh my gosh, she had her babies! How wonderful that she has a safe home for her family with you! I hope all goes well with her little ones! Beautiful photos.... :cloud9:

That would be so amazing if you got to see the babies taking their first few baby steps with their flying lessons. Wow, I would love to see that too! :heart:

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!
Our barns are FULL of those, diving all over the place and feeding their babies!

Last year one fell out and we fed/rescued it at home. :)

They are so big! they barely fit in their nest anymore, when momma comes to feed them you can see all four heads pop up over the nest XD we will see if we can get a few pics and even a video today.

Wow, five babies! That seems like a lot for one momma.
It is so neat that the inside of their mouth is so brightly coloured. Guess you can't miss that target when bringing supper back for the family. :)

Aww their fuzzy head feathers so cute! Amazing photos Amanda thank you for sharing.
You may have to keep your doors and windows closed when they start flying, there were many of times at my old house when youngsters would fly in through an open door, its a nightmare trying to catch them to put them out!

Oh I never thought of that! I guess keeping the windows closed would be a good idea...I would hate to have to catch a scared little baby bird flying around inside. It would probably scare the poor things so bad.

Joanne, I agree, I thought their mouths looked so big and bright...makes me think it is supposed to be that way as a natural evolutionary thing...great big mouths, brightly colored, to ensure an easy target for Mama bird to deposit food! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back