GRRRRR I have had just about enough

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is sore spot for many people... especially since it's our babies that suffer.
It's wonderful that ratlets had/has a great experience with breeders. OTOH, we can't close our eyes to the major health issues experienced by another.
But in the end all experiences should be shared and reflected on. :nod:

The fact is that there is no "better" way to obtain pet rats. There are good breeders and bad breeders, good pet stores and bad ones, good rescues and bad ones. The rats also play a significant role. They can be healthy or sickly, have lots of energy or little, can be affectionate or crabby...

In my book.... everyone here is right and has the right to voice their experiences. I'm happy to be getting all these varying experiences. It helps broaden the horizons if you know what I mean. :wink:

I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been having with your beautiful ratties. I just recently got two female rats and one of them seems to be having breathing problems (sneezing, weezing... etc) I have been giving her Amoxillin for the past 5 or 6 days twice a day and her sysmtoms don't seem to be improving. She was ketp on pine shaving for about 3 months before I got her so I thought that was the reason for her breathing problems. Now after reading this and noting her symtom are not better (well maybe a little) I'm paranoid. Any advice would help a lot! Thanks to all ahead of time

Have you asked the vet for Baytril and Doxy? thats usually a better combo to fight resp infections. Its worked for me in the past andi ts what I sue when one of them has problems.

Back