Greetings from the North

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tara

I was clued in on this forum just recently, sooo, I'm new.

My name is Tara Pollock and I live in South-central Alaska in the Matanuska-Susitna Valley. Since we are so close to Anchorage the port city, last year a law was passed making Fancy rats illegal to breed and sell. It's been frustrating, to say the least. My last Fancy Rats Seoul and Cairo passed on a few months back from old age. But I didn't let it slow me down. As of yet the albino 'feeder rat' variety aren't illegal. So I brought home a few babies this fall. Males Moscow and Bern, and a little female named Oslo. Mossy and B even have a little color! They have very slight seal point noses and tails, but still have pink eyes. They are a joy and a heartache though, because they are very prone to respiratory troubles. More so than any of my Fancies were. So I am constantly worried about every little crackle in their breathing. Lol... People say I worry too much.
I'm not online terribly often, but I'm hoping this forum will be a great place to come for advice and support. And friends who don't make the 'Ew' face when I talk about my ratties. Haha!

-Tara

"Ewww...rats"??? Here on Rat Shack? Now THAT is funny!!!

Welcome Tara, we love little Feeder PEW's! :heart: i have 5 (although Suri is techically a himilayan..points on a PEW basically).

Welcome Tara.

Are you going to get your little girl a friend or are you going to have your ratties neutered or spayed so they can live together?

Looking forward to lots of pics.

Hi Tara!! Good to see you here! :hello3:

Pews are a favourite here... and we sure do share with your frustration with poor lungs in rats.

I kind of tried to put picks here. It's not working out. I'm trying to post them from my MySpace album. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here..... :?

Starting to figure this out. Lol... I'm smart about animals, dumb about the computer.

resizedrats.jpg

This is Seoul and Cairo in their hey-days.Seoul is the cream and Cairo is the cinnamon. I miss them. Sleeping in the sun. Back then I had a modified birdcage, and now I have an old snake cage. (ironic I know. But it's nice and big and has a front opening glass door.)

More pics to follow after I figure out how to post from myspace.
-Tara :D

Back