Greetings from Minnesota! UPDATED w/ pics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackTheRat

Hey everyone. :) I just joined a couple hours ago and finally authorized my account, although I've been 'lurking' about for a few days now admiring everyone's rats and cages and finally decided to give in and join, lol. I found the forum through Jorats videos on youtube, I think I spent a good chunk of my time watching them before I finally found the URL that lead me here!

Anyways, a bit about myself... My s/n is JackTheRat, but you can call me Samantha, Sam...whichever works best, and I'm 18 (turning 19 in a month!) and from Duluth, MN.
I've currently got 3 male rats. Jack, Maxwell, and Radar. Jack and Maxwell are black+white hooded rats, and Radar is an albino. I'm not sure what the 'technical' term is for it, sorry. I've still got to introduce Radar with the other two, his 3 week quarantine is up so I've put their cages next to each other, I can't wait to get them all together. :) They're all pet store rats unfortunately, but there aren't many options for adopting rats around here unless I drive a few hours out. ):

Edit:
Okay, I finally got around to taking pics of the boys, unfortunately they aren't very good pictures... It's really dim in my room so taking pictures is difficult, I apologize for the quality.

Here are some of Radar...

Radar2.jpg

Radar1.jpg

Radar3.jpg

And some of Maxwell...

Maxwell1.jpg

Maxwell2.jpg

Maxwell3.jpg

(You can see Jack behind him in this one, lol)

And of course, Jack...
It's real hard to tell Jack and Maxwell apart in most of the pictures I have, though when I'm actually handling them I can tell them apart with ease. Jack's hood is broken just above his tail, and he has a black spot on his stomach, whereas Maxwell has a full hood and no spots!

Jack1.jpg

Jack2.jpg

Jack3.jpg

Welcome to the Shack!!

Radar "technically" is a PEW (Pink-eyed White). I cannot wait until you post pics, and I understand about a cage that has to be Photo Shoot Clean. ;)

Welcome to the shack. Don't worry about petstore pets. I have one myself. My first two were from a friends oops litter and the third was petstore. Sometimes there aren't always rats to be saved in a reasonable distance from where you live.

Can't wait to see pics of your beauties.

Welcome! I have one PetSmart girl, her sister left us far far too young. But Emma is going strong. My other two rats were adopted. It's a nice feeling to do that.

I look forward to pics :D

:D Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'll update my main post shortly with pictures once I finish resizing and uploading them.

jorats said:
I looove the name Radar, I've got a Radar too. :D

I got it from M*A*S*H, haha... Now I just need to get a Hawkeye, I love that name as well. I saw video's of your little Radar, and he's such an adorable rat! <3

Nickelrat said:
:hello3: and welcome!! I love the names you chose for your ratties too!

Thanks! Maxwell was actually named by my little brother, he goes to school with a kid named Maxwell. :lol:

Thanks everyone. :)

RunzwithRatz said:
Awww your babies are adorable.
Are you a M.A.S.H. junkie? I remember when they were on and it was our family time together growing up.
(I think I just aged myself huh lol)

*laughs* My dad got me into it about a year ago. My friend has this one rat, he is completely antisocial and can't be housed with other rats because he doesn't get along with them, and my dad insisted she name him Frank Burns. :lol:

Melissa's Zoo said:
Aw your guys are so handsome.
:Lovestruck:
When I was little I would watch M.A.S.H. with my Dad and I loved the name Hawkeye.

I love the name as well, <3 I've been dying to use it but haven't had the chance yet. :p

Back