greetings from hamilton.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrivee

so i've been referred to this board through the livejournal community ratties as i'm looking for a cage mate for one of my lone females, but i actually think this place is quite interesting and might be worth my while to stick around.

i'm kate, 18 years old and from hamilton, ontario, canada.

i have two male rats, noel and julian who live quite happily together.

i had been looking to take on a pair of females from someone in mississauga who was getting rid of them due to allergies, but that fell through as she found a home where they can live and she can still see them often. thus my mom, unknowningly bought me a female rat in an act of kindness. :doh:

thus, i'm now still looking for a cage mate for my little girl juniper.

Welcome to the Rat Shack!!
You've come to the right place for rats. :D

A word of caution, having the two sexes in the same home, you'll need to be extra careful, rats are so determined to get together. I'd have them in different rooms at least. :nod:

:welcome2:

If possible, I would strongly suggest you have the girl spayed by an experienced vet if she is healthy.
Then she can live with the boys after gradual intros.

Having unspayed girls and unneutered boys living in the same home is too dangerous ... an accident waiting to happen. Rats are very well motivated and people aren't perfect.
Plus spaying girls has several possible health benefits.

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of your ratties.

LiveJournal has a community for rats? Okay so I'll head over there right now, haha. Welcome to the board. :)

Edit: the two rats you were looking at were bred at Masterpiece. You can definitely do better here. ;) Juniper's a cutie, can't wait to see more of her here on the forum!

rat.charmer said:
Hi and welcome!

Would you consider taking in the two rat train girls currently stuck in NY? They can be transported back to Ontario and you're in Hamilton so that's not far from the border!

possibly if they're suited to living with my girl. how old are they? what are their personalities?

SQ said:
:welcome2:

If possible, I would strongly suggest you have the girl spayed by an experienced vet if she is healthy.
Then she can live with the boys after gradual intros.

Having unspayed girls and unneutered boys living in the same home is too dangerous ... an accident waiting to happen. Rats are very well motivated and people aren't perfect.
Plus spaying girls has several possible health benefits.

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of your ratties.

looked into having her spayed, but the vet i talked to didn't seem quite comfortable with the procedure.

Welcome to the forum. It wont take you long here to find a perfect couple of girls to be friends with your lonely one.

Back