Good luck to the ratties being spayed today

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

My Tia (who is having a lump removed today) wants to wish a speedy recovery to all the ratties getting spayed today. I know that one of them is Jorats' Callie, but I think there were a couple of others, too.

Good luck everyone...Hope everything goes great for little Tia and that Callie and little baby Blue recover fast....kisses from me when they come home.
Just made Miss Meesa's appointment....I will worry about her because I am not sure how old she is....She had a check up and the vet said it was a go.
Once she is spayed I can maybe get my NB boys living in the big cage. Introduced them to everyone (except Meesa) yesterday...It went great.

I got a call from my clinic, there was some confusion it seems. They put Callie under my cat also named Cally, so in their records they had the rat being 14 years old. :giggle:

:D I'm so glad that Callie & her buddy are doing well.

Tia's surgery went well. They had to replace all her sutures with glue, however, because she kept chewing them off. My husband picked her up in the afternoon (I'm working late tonight) and is keeping her on her own until I get home. She must have really wanted to get back in the cage with the others.... poor sweetie started jumping and trying to get out of her container when she was in the room with the others. Breaks my heart! My husband felt the need to keep her on her own a little longer, so he took her downstairs where she won't get agitated.

If it were me, I'd put her back in with everyone, but I think he'll feel safer when I am home to supervise. Tia is otherwise OK, and she ate a piece of banana & some baby cereal (turned up her nose at the mushed lab blocks... typical!)

Sweet Tia is doing OK. She certainly messed up my vet's tidy incision (he does meticulous work -- remember Bill's neuter?) by pulling out her sutures, but the incision is looking good nonetheless.

She was sleeping under a blanket when I got home, but she came out for some tasty banana slice and baby cereal & she was glad to see me. I cleaned the girls' cage, put her back in after a snuggle, and she was happy to be back home with her sisters. They were good with her, too; they sniffed her incision but didn't try to bother it.

My husband said that the vet had left by the time he picked Tia up, so we don't yet know what was in that awful lump. I'll post about it when I find out.

Tia says thanks for all the good wishes, and she hopes that Callie and Blue will make a quick recovery, too.

jorats said:
I got a call from my clinic, there was some confusion it seems. They put Callie under my cat also named Cally, so in their records they had the rat being 14 years old. :giggle:

:laugh4: I had the same thing happen with Placid at the vets, only he was 20 years old. It was suposed to be 20mths old :giggle: Yeah if only they did live that long.
:)

Back