Goli's a hurting boy...update 05/17

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeeze....humans are so weak compared to animals eh? if i had a broken finger i'd be complaining constantly hahaha

Goli is the coolest little rat dude ever :nod:

lilspaz68 said:
Poor Goliath had a freak accident tonight while roaming around. He was out on the livingroom floor with Faline and he's still quite wary around her. She is totally enjoying the Power since she's always been a subordinate all her life. So she sometimes bulldozes up to me and he runs...nothing ever happens because he runs away :D

I heard a squeak in the bathroom and thought nothing of it, then I heard another...so I went to see if Faline was "harrassing" him. Then she ran over my foot as I was walking to the bathroom. I looked around then heard another little squeak and saw him hanging from his wee paw that had gotten stuck behind those shelf things that go over toilets (too tired to think of the name). I got him loose and his poor foot looked awful. Poor bubby had metacam shoved down his throat so fast! He might have broken a toe, I am not sure...it was hard to tell, then when the swelling came up his foot straightened up.
I wonder if he jumped off of something and somehow caught his foot?...only Goliath. :roll:

He was still trying to run around, albeit not using that sore paw. He still licks me calmly and bruxxes when I stroke him through the bars. He's sore but he's okay. I have a waterbottle on his shelf, I will feed him his baby cereal on his shelf, and he's got his cube so he can just stay there and heal.

He just needs lots of well wishes and cyber cuddles.

Oowowwo
Golisfoot2.jpg

Golisfoot1.jpg

BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the little darling a ton of kisses and scritches for me!!!!!!! He reminds me of Albert who just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble!!! No injuries yet.... knock on wood! It looks sprained but not broken. Wouldn't broken toes turn blue from lack of blood?

Not if its just a closed fracture. The toe is definitely bent wrong, unlike a sprain which would just swell up.

He's doing great though, bounced down for his breakfast this morning and even stopped for a lick before diving in (while warily watching Evil Faline :roll:)

Back