Gobo is a bloody mess! UPDATE May 23 New Cage and Mates!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as you guys know i had lots of drama with my old guy Gobo getting beat up by one cage mate and being a jerk to the rest. So i moved him into his own bachelor pad. He has been quite happy there.

Exciting News: The past week or so one of my new babies, Grover (who is about 4 months old and can still fit through the FN bars) has been visiting and now almost living with Gobo!

Grover leaves the FN occasionally but rarely goes anywhere. Gobo's cage is right beside the FN and i have found Grover a few times in there. I think the first time Gobo was not impressed because we heard some squabbling but now they will eat together and Grover seems quite happy to hang out with Gobo.

And..... today they WERE BOTH SLEEPING IN THE CUBE TOGETHER!! :happydance:

I think this is just great! The set up is perfect because if Grover wants to leave, he can. I didn't put anyone with Gobo because he was such a jerk to everyone else i thought it would be unfair to them. But Grover actually wants to live with Gobo it seems! Horray! :happydance:

Just thought i would share....

I'm bowled-over happy to hear that! :happydance:
We've seen so often when a kid just won't be with others without that kid getting consistently hurt or consistently hurting others (I've seen it here in real-life too). Maybe with some kids the only safe answer is to let them choose their own buddy even if it takes time (and we've seen that become nothing less than love for some kids here). Maybe it's a lesson to not give up on offering any available 'friend' but not push.

I so hope that it's going to continue being good for Gobo & Grover. I totally expect it will! Please pass on kisses to both those boys!

It just goes to show you how complex these little creatures are....

Gobo was always so mean to babies when he was introduced yet he is gladly sharing his bachelor pad...

And Grover... who was never really properly introduced to Gobo has chosen to live with him in a smaller cage, away from his brother.

So complex....I so wish i could just ask them why they have decided this!

:happydance: :bunnydance: Fantastic News!!! I think that it will be great for Grover to be able to come and go as he pleases as long as he doesn't try to go anywhere else, LOL! Good for Gobo to decide to buddy with this lovely little boy! ^_^

I have decided to try something new. Grover was no longer staying in Gobo's cage, he had been back in the FN regularly for a week.

So, i decided that i would separate my FN and try Gobo with Grover and Grover's brother Gumby in the bottom and the rest; Pedley, Boober, Olo and Gimli in the top.

It seems to be working really well. Just the other day Gobo, Grover and Gumby were in the fleece cube all together.

Back