Go potty somewhere else!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Wolf

Since one of my girls escaped recently, currently they are in a tank until their Martin cage arrives. I bought them a wheel to keep them more occupied. The only problem is they love it so much they are using it as a potty too! :doh: I clean it once a day. I guess as they run they just go potty, then it splatters on the tank walls.

I just wanted to know if this was normal? I know rats are pretty clean but I don't think my girls have gotten that memo. This is my first time using a wheel with ratties so I have no clue.

These girls are tiny too, so it's a bit shocking. :lol2: Luckily I have enough time to clean the wheel and walls once a day. I'm going to be buying them a wodent wheel so hopefully it will help. *crosses fingers*

My Nut does the same thing. She runs and poops and poops and runs, I almost believe she saves all her poops solely for her wheel. :doh: Drives me and the boyfriend nuts... no pun intended.... The worst was when her cage was in our room and we would hear the poops rattling as she ran all night long. Luckily for me, technically she is Daniels, so i escape cleaning doody duty :happydance:

My ratties are in the bedroom, and I have to clean their wheels before I go to sleep, but still the clattering of the poops at 3 am.....

We call it...Wheel O' Poo!

(clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-
clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-
clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-
clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity-clackity)

I call it a poop maraca. =) my girls are BAD about pooping and running at the same time. I have silent spinners with litter boxes below them so as they run the poop eventually flys out and into the litter box.

:laugh4: What a funny thread! Getting back to your original question, mine poop and spin too. So, yeah - I guess it's pretty normal! :lol: I've got a spray bottle filled with a vinegar and water solution and lots of paper towels in the Rat Room. I just give it a spritz and a wipe every morning (after removing the ummm . . . solid matter :roll: ) and they're ready for another fun day of pooping and running.

Back