Getting a new cage soon! pics pg.2

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome cage! Two tips from my experience: definitely call and have the pan replaced - the jagged edge will be more prone to chewers and; make sure the curtain is NEVER in reach of the cage. Rats are very crafty and may reach out for the curtain and pull it into the cage with them, shredding it in the process. Definitely will not impress your mom :wink2:

Your ratties are going to love their new palace! :thumbup: Muireann will have the wheel spinning all night. And yes, don't be shy to get them to replace the pan.

As for the curtains? Oh, yes, keep them well clear! My naughty girls once demolished a set of curtains near to their cage at the rat-sitters.

LOL i forgot about the curtains.
The battery is dying on my camera, but the rats are in :) My mum, considering she "dislikes" me having ANY pets, was so paranoid about one of them falling down the ramp last night that she made me sit there for atleast an hour to watch and make sure nobody broke their neck LOL. She said if they didnt get used to the ramps i had to block off the bottom and keep them in the top and only let them down during the day :giggle: she worries too much

I managed to get a thin layer of cat litter in :) makes my life 100x easier. Mu destroyed the new Loofah toy in 30 seconds :roll:
2010_0312explorer0006.jpg

Top:
2010_0312explorer0008.jpg

Bottom:
2010_0312explorer0011.jpg

Muirenn is happy :)
2010_0312explorer0012.jpg

Clodagh was running around bruxxing and boggling last night and ive never seen her do that lol

Looks good, I like the explorer. Probably going to get one for Ebonys babies :D Whipeeeee.

Also the bedding might get kicked out everywhere :giggle:

they used to push their poop off the shelf of the old cage so its nothing new lol. atleast i can wheel this one out and hoover around it. They haven't knocked any out yet, so hopefully it will be some time lol

they haven't mentioned it to be honest. Ive just got it stood up in the kitchen at the minute. do you think i should keep hold of it instead of putting it in the bin?

It looks almost EXACTLY like the one I´m getting(if i ever get the money for it..):D
How much did it cost you?
I hope you´ll be happy with it!

Back