Georgie April 3rd, 2005 - April 1st, 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickelrat

Georgie, almost 3 years old, decided she wanted to miss her birthday party and join her brothers and sisters at the Rainbow Bridge. Her mom was a pregnant rescue and I was honored to watch the birth of Georgie and her siblings. It was quite exciting to experience their growth and development. Georgie was always shy even as a baby. She would rather stay in her cage than come out during playtime. But when she turned 2, she was a completely different rat. She would be the first one out of the cage and go explore everything and everywhere. Georgie was happy and she enjoyed her life right to the end!

Play hard at the Bridge, my sweet old girl!!

HappyBirthday3.jpg

Old Georgie at 32 months old:
Georgie-1.jpg

I am so sorry. Dear Georgie had a long and full life with you. How special that you knew her from the first to the last of her life and that she made the most of her last year.

Almost 3, thats a wonderful age for an old lady who has lived with you since eeper-hood. :heart: Still so sad that she is gone, its always too soon isn't it? :sad3:

She looked like an incredibly happy rat and You did that for her. ((hugs))

Old Georgie doesn't look so old at all. I guess you saw the slowing down, the body stuff, but her eyes look like they are focusing on 'what's gonna happen today'. So I expect she really lived each day here in whatever way she could? I still see enthusiasm in those eyes along with trust and safety.
That's what I hope for mine, Nicole. I'm not having 3 yrs with them, I wish tho I don't expect they care much. I think they'd consider a day left alone with no food or friends a day more wasted than a 37th month...
That's a long time. Hard as it is to lose them too young where your heart breaks for them, it's your sense of what they deserved that is most painful. Losing them after so long means your heart breaks from the depths they've crawled into, and that's more about your loss than theirs. We'd always rather it be our loss than theirs but it doesn't make it any easier. Truth be told, losing a young one kicks you in the gut as well as the heart. Losing a longstanding child actually makes you have to reconfigure what your life is built around cause you don't just have ratties, you have individuals.

Georgie's angelic face is going to be a hard one to do without each day. I'm so so sorry. :cry:

Back