Frazer - November 22, 2010

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnow

I can't describe how happy I was when I got my boys - Stewie, Frazer, and Clio. THey were a special case. They had to stay together and not live with other rats because of Stewie's hormones. I had the perfect home for them, though, and it fit perfectly in the bedroom. I love waking up to see my boys curled up together in their hammock in the morning. Frazer was my shy boy, but he came out of his shell a little when we had Stewie neutered, but we didn't get much time to enjoy it.

Last week, I discovered a lump the size of his head in his abdomen. It was free-floating so I thought he might have a chance with exploratory surgery. I had to go for it. Until… I found another lump. Attached, and leading under his ribs. And another little lump at the vet's. No matter what it is, probably cancer… that's inoperable. Hospice care would be unfair to both of us, and there's just too much risk of the end being painful.

Frazer was given a sedative, and his spirit left him in my arms, though his body was still hanging on. I told him all about his new forever home at the Bridge, that I love him, and that I always will. My beautiful shy boy will never hurt and never be sick again. Play hard little one, play hard.

Latest posts

Back