Found a small lump under the armpit

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

Yesterday I found a small lump under Vesper's armpit. I think its cancer, but its small so I'm going to take her in to the vet to have it looked at. Shes only a 13 months though so I'm scared and confused as to why she would get this so young. My experience with tumors always happened to my ratties when they were past 24 months so I was shocked when I felt the lump. :sad3:

All tumours are cancer but most are benign and not malignant. It may very well be just a small fatty tissue too. Keep an eye, if it grows then it's probably a benign mammary tumour.

I have a male rat, Boo, that had a lump at 5 months old. I had it removed and it was in fact cancer. He recovered well after several more tumors and some nasty abcesses near the original surgical sight. He turned a year old in February and is fiesty and spry. He came from a "good" breeder with quite a good reputation and what made me sad was her lack of concern when I told her he had cancer. He was a "pet" not part of her breeding stock, so I guess that makes him worth less? :batbeat: I know some of his siblings were used for breeding and that makes me sad. I spent alot of money and lost many nights of sleep for my Boo man choo..worth all of it. :tumkiss:

I hope your girly is fine and try not to wrry. They can bounce back from some ugly stuff.

Back