For all those who have lost

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

I wanted t post to everyone how sorry I amfor the losses of your loved ones. I wish i could have replied to everyone but my pain is still too fresh so I found this and wanted to share with everyone.

"Wishes" (for Okie)
We wish we could have told you,
in words you'd understand,
We wanted you to stay with us.
This wasn't what we'd planned.

We wish somehow to tell you,
How empty we now feel.
A part of us went with you,
A part that time can't heal.

We wish we'd once more hear you,
in your softly, rumbling purr,
to hold you on our laps again
and stroke your golden fur.

We wish we had you back again,
to fill this empty space.
But one day we'll be together
in a far, far better place.

To Okie with love, Kristen Sharer

Also, this link really helped with the healing process for me. I am sure some of you may know of it but for those who are not aware please giveit a look. http://www.oracula.org/es-0512266241574

It was to a cat originally but it just seemed to hit everythng right on for me and I hope it will for others. It is so hard to come up with the right words when you are trying to comfort someone for a loss. I never know what to say. I just want people to know that I understand what they are going through and that I am very very sorry for their losses. I really like the idea of lighting a candle for those we have lost snce I do it myself in reality. I will be incorpirating candles to my online store as soon as I can figure out the cheapest way to get them to people. Again I would like to express my deepest condolences to everyone who has lost ratties recently and int he past. It hurts so bad when they leave you! The way I see it is they have so much love to give that there is no wya they can stay with us too long. If they did their love would be taken for granted and we would never appreciate them as much as we do. I wish everyone the best in their healing process and me and the ratties send out hugs and scritches to all!

That's a beautiful poem. So many people are losing their pets right now, I wish I could read all the memorials but my own pain is too fresh as well.

Stephanie said:
I wanted t post to everyone how sorry I amfor the losses of your loved ones.

What a great idea! I want to offer my sympathy to everyone who lost a special friend. I am really sorry for you all about your losses. I hope we will all keep an excellent memory of all those rats (or others) who are no longer with us.

That's a beautiful poem.

I don't want to hijack the thread but since I haven't been around much and there have been so many losses I just wanted to express my sympathy to everyone who has lost their sweeties.
:roseopen:

Back