Food!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoknew

okay.. so i was browsing around a store and was just taking into account the prices of the extrusion pellets and such because that's what i fed my last boy and was noting that the store i was looking in did not carry the larger (5lb?) bags. i then saw "kaytee forti-diet pro health" for rats and mice. the ingredients list seemed somewhat similar to the extrusion pellets and i was wondering if this was an okay food as well? or are extrusion the better choice?
thanks!

The old kaytee food was crap and that scared a lot of people away from the brand in general. But I do think the new formulation, the pro health one, is supposed to be much better.

http://www.kaytee.com/products/kaytee-f ... se-rat.php

I am having a heck of a time finding ingredients or a breakdown for the Extrusion online. BUT, it is not as high protein as the Kaytee according to the Kaytee website. 21% is pretty high, especially for adult rats. For that reason alone you may want to go the Extrusion route.

ohh okay. i was trying to find how much protein was in the kaytee as well but i couldnt. at the store i saw that the extrusion had protein listed at 16%. thank you very much!

I think that a lot of people would def choose Extrusion over the new kaytee brand, just because kaytee has had a bad name for quite some time now. There new formulation is a lot better but I still think extrusion is better. And the extrusion comes in 1.45lb and 3lb bags. The Kaytee has 2lb and 5lb bags.

Back