food in their doo doo?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittanyfork

My girls sometimes hide their food in their litter box?
Is their any way I can get them not to do that?

I don't see eating their food in the same place they do their business is any where near healthy.

They don't do this often, but I've noticed that that they have done it a few times.
Also, when they get their food they run to their litter box and eat it there, or in a corner.

Maybe I can put in more houses and such? because their litter is this plastic bin that has three walls but no front wall. But the walls around it are really high up.

Not a good picture, but here is what it looks like, only turned upside down.

IMG_1129.jpg

Rats are funny little animals... and especially living with a group, they will try and hide their food in the poo area to hide the smell of the food. It's not really that unhealthy when you think about it, not to them it's not since rats do eat their own poo.

:giggle: It grossed me out at first also but You gotta keep in mind they are animals. Animals don't think about poo being stinky or nasty.....well most animals don't anyways. (I had a dog once that would puke if he smelled other dogs poo)

The litter box is the BEST place to stash your favorite treats, didn't you know? I should start hiding cookies there when I don't want my brothers in law to find them LOL

Back