FN's for babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireworks

If you didn't read my intro post, I'm new and I don't have any rats yet.
I'm getting 2 or 3 babies this weekend, but probably 2. Before I joined this forum I fell in love with the Ferret Nation cages, of course! Then once I joined almost everyone has one, and I love them! But I have a couple questions about them.

1. Would 2 baby rats get LOST in it if I get the big one? Or will it be too big?

2. Could 2 baby rats squeeze through the bars, and will I need to mesh it? I have mesh so it's not a problem but if I don't have to mesh it, I won't. Just tell me if I have to. :)

Thanks!

I would highly recommend modifying the cage so that the babies cannot get out....
Javakittie i beleive said that if they can fit their head through an opening then they can fit the rest of their body through....
I've modified my FN - and i know many others have as well...
Some people havnt (either they have big boys, or their girls have never tried to get out) - but I side with the "its better to be safe than sorry" school of thought...then again i have Two dogs in my house and would hate to see anything happen to any of my ratties should they ever decide to go adventuring....

:welcome3: to the shack! I hope you love it here as much as I do! And we'll need to see pics of the babies when they come home!!!

Back