Flea April 2005 - Dec 31st 2007

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
December 2006, I picked up three special rats. They were being used as breeders, each living alone in a small hamster cage.
I was concerned with Flea, she had a huge belly. The vet confirmed it was just from over breeding, a sagging uterus.
Flea was quiet at first, not very social... until I introduced a baby boy to the cage. She immediately took care of him. Sebbie was her baby. He helped her come out of her shell. She became my most accepting rat, active and happy.
I had a year with Flea... it doesn't feel like enough. I will truly miss her.
I had been keeping an eye on her, Mielle was tending to her the whole time. When I found Mielle had completely enveloped Flea's body with hers, I knew something was wrong. Flea had gone.

Be free my Flea... meet up with Couscous and your studman Mister... climb that highest mountain, you so loved to be on top. love you Fleaflea...

smFleaout2.jpg

smFleaprisonbars.jpg

She was the most darling little girl. I am sooo sorry Jo. :cry:

What a happy lucky girl to have found you and then Sebbie, Mielle and all the other ratfriends she made in your home.

Too short a time is true. Goodbye sweetheart! :heart:

I'm so sorry Jo. :cry:
Flea, Couscous & Mister were such a precious find, and another little family that went from rags to riches with you. Not only in love & care, but in your determination to find each one a living situation where they could be themselves and blossom & shine.
I'm glad your sweet Flea had such a loving cagemate in Mielle, bless their hearts.

Goodbye little one, enjoy your second heaven.

Sweet Flea was so beautiful! :heart: And she was such a character. I'll never forget her. The heavens have been receiving so many new angels lately and Flea is certainly one of them. A very special angel girl. :angel: I'm truly sorry, Jo. :cry3: :hugs:

Sounds like it's not been a lovely time down your way lately.
Poor Flea tried to hard. Lovely, lovely lady

Back