First Intro since Shadow's surgery!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnyhippiechick

Well, today was the day! I decided not to use the vanilla this time around. Put all four of the new boys in the tub. Then added my old man Shadow. Alot of milling about, a little sniffing, a little scared poops, one slight scuffle, a little sidling on Shadow's part, I gave them about 10 minutes and overall I think it went really well! Shadow's breathing got pretty noisy near the end (still have him on Baytril, following the surgery), hope I'm not stressing him out too much but it just tears my heart to see him moping around alone in his cage and listening to the four new babies romping together. Will keep up daily intros in the tub and lengthen the time period and add some food and toys, hopefully everything will run smoothly but I'll keep on my toes just in case. Too nervous to try and take pics just yet, afraid I'll miss intervening if something should go wrong...lol. Hopefully will be able to post pics in the next week or so - the Clark boys are getting so confident!!

dl
:happydance:

2nd day - 15 minutes, no interest in food, very little sidling, just a little poofing from Sprite and Shadow, lots more sniffing, only one "get away from me" yelp from King and only one frightened poop from Sprite, again, Shadow's breathing got noisy in the last 5 minutes, soooo proud of my little guys!

dl
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Back