Finally together

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
After 4 neuters and a long period of play time together, Peter, Jacob, Eli, and Artie are now living together.
It has been hard on Artie, a lot to learn, as he was a lone rat since he was just a couple of weeks old.
Keeping my fingers crossed that this works.

The cage is too small for 4 ratties but new accomadations are in the works.

014.jpg

Jacob exploring, Artie checking out the wheel, Peter peeking out of the house

018.jpg

Jacob checks out the hammock while Artie and Peter explore

019.jpg

Artie looking quite tubby

021.jpg

Do you smell that?

020.jpg

What is that smell?

023.jpg

Finally Eli makes an appearance

That is great SQ....How many groups do you have now?
Now that everyone is all spayed and neutered can you have one big playtime? I think that would be pretty fun....

I presently have four groups but hope to get down to 2 groups.
There are the 4 younger boys above, Leah's 4 one-year-old sons, a group of 11 girls, and my older group of 7 ratties - Ralphie isn't well and David is over two so not stressing them with intros.

Just checked and Peter, Jacob, and Eli are jammed into a Snap Together Inn, while Artie is by himself in a hammock. The 3 boys have been living together for some time. Hopefully Artie will become a part of their group.

That is great that the boys are getting along....Hopefully Artie will soon be squished in there with the other boys.......
Are you going to try introducing Leah’s boys with this group and the 11 girls? That will be a nice big group.......
Four different playtimes must take all evening.......I would never get to bed.....Sometimes I bring mine out for plays in the afternoon but they never "play" as much...more cuddling and sleeping.......Evening is when they want to play......are yours like that or will they play other times?......Maybe mine are just in that routine....Evening is usually when they get out

My ratties are pretty active in the mornings as well.
Waiting for Leah's sons to have lower testerone levels.
They used to be integrated in with my older group but they were a bit too rough on them ... especially on David and Ralphie.

That really does give you a warm, fuzzy feeling.

I need to start intros with all the girls. Sigh.

I was wondering if you had yet moon...keep us posted! If the girls are anything like their Treat and Boo, it should go very easy. :thumbup:

Artie seems to be becoming part of the group
... doubt if he appreciates it tho, as the others seem to enjoy power grooming him ... :wink:

Better overloved than underloved if it has to be one or the other I guess :wink: I'm glad for him that he has company anyway. It does seem sometimes that 'marriages' based on instant love don't always go as smoothly in the long run as those that have to be worked at in the beginning. I hope it only gets better & better for him!

Back