Ferret Nation Side-by-Side?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susb8383

Hi,

I read in this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10625 that you can attach two Ferret Nation cages side-by-side, but can't with the Critter Nations.

I didn't realize this, can someone elaborate a little? How do you attach two FNs and why can't you do the same thing with the CNs?

Thanks,
Susie

Someone may need to correct me on this...but the FN is kept together by bolts, whereas the CN is kept together basically from pressure and "snaps together".
If you take away that side on the CN (so you can connect it to another), it won't have enough stability to safely keep up. Hope I made sense there...

Its really hard to explain but MMak has the right idea. Although if you found some way to reinforce it (maybe tie wraps or something) it might be ok.

Oh, I see what you mean. I was thinking you put two completed cages side-by-side (which didn't make sense to me), but you're saying you remove one side so that you can have a double-width cage.

I get it!

Thanks.

--Susie

I, and others, have attached two FNs side by side and also two CNs. No problem.
In both cases the cages need to be cable tied together.
For increased stability of the CNs, you might want to only make one level open, and keep the sides up on the other level.

SQ said:
For increased stability of the CNs, you might want to only make one level open, and keep the sides up on the other level.

That really sounds like a cool idea...makes it a little more interesting and keeps them moving around more if they want up into the second levels :D

Back