Evicted : O ( not really, just new floors :D )

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinderwolf

so I am FINALLY getting laminate hard wood in my room HOORAY! :joy: So glad to be rid of that god awful burgundy carpet. It truly was disgusting, and with rats, the carpet got dirty every 3 days. Before rats, I vacuumed maybe once a month, now its more like at least once a week. But no more! I got a nice laminate from ikea that looks like cherry wood, super pretty. Best part is its just click together,so no glue or anything like that, and that means me and my rats can move back in once its laid down, hopefully tomorrow! but never the less we are bunking down stairs tonight.

That rats think its the end of the world, because I moved their cage from where it has allllways been, but they'll get over it. At least it is nice and cool down here, with the concrete under the flooring and air circulation haha. I just hope the cats leave them alone while I'm at work. They wont try to do anything, but they'll sniff the cage and stuff, and the rats won't like that one bit I suspect.

ah well, we'll just see how it goes, hopefully I'll only have to be down here one night. A couch ain't that comfortable. Hey this is 2 Sundays in a row I've been sleeping on a couch haha.

I'll put up soem photos whne I have time haha and a before after of the floor

Ooh yay! I love hard floors. Carpet suuuuuuucks! In the new place I am renting the only rooms with carpet are my roommates rooms. The living room, halls and my room are hardwood (the real good stuff!) and the bathroom/kitchen are tiled! :) I love it.

It's in and I DO Love it! sooo nice and pretty and clean and it smells better already ( god only knows what was in that old carpet bleh) I'll get some photos up here once I get all my stuff put back in...minus my desk.. RIP Desk. )

We have already taken all the carpet from the downstairs now the only rooms left with carpet are my parent's room, the upstairs hall and the guess room.

I took the opportunity to move alll my furniture around and while that was happening my desk decided to commit suicide and when my dad tried to move it it collapsed and broke into a million pieces. So now I have no desk for the time being.

Apart from that, the only down side is that we have to keep the carpet in the closet :p because there are shelves built into the wall and if I wanted the wood all through, we would have to take out the shelves and buy shelving and stuff, and well that's a lot of work and money so it's carpet : P Oh well, not a big deal, the closet was pretty clean anyways.

I also slept at my friends house last night ( I use the word sleep loosely) So I didn't have to sleep on the couch, and my babies were fine on the coffee table, so that's good, but they are happy to be back in my room it seems haha. But they sure are tuckered out, and sleeping like babies haha ( what's new)

Now Mexico in 2 days! :dance:

Photos to come :D

Oh and my red cage is alllllllll most painted! just one coat on one panel and touch ups on the rest :D then DONE! :D

Back