escape artists

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panic xx

Alright, so, i got home about twenty minutes ago. I went into my room, seeing someone dart under my bed out of the corner of my eye. So, i went to let my dog out and when i came back, i went to sit down in my chair when i heard this russling of paper, i have paper on my floor, i was like, what the hell? So, i looked to see if elk and moose were in their cage, and guess what? the door was open. and i doubt anyone likes surprise outings. so i was like "jfldjsalfjasf, we have a problem!" XD so, i put their cage on the floor and put food out. i was in a state of panic, i worry too much. but, when i saw moose come out from under my bed, when i called his name, i offered him food. i guess it took about three minutes to get him back into the cage, with food in front of his nose. after i got moose in, i looked for his brother, elk. now, elk is one of those rats who tease you and over all are a big brat. so, i had to use some treats for him to actually come out from under my bakers rack, they made that their hiding spot. so, it ended happily and now they're munching on their crackers like nothing happened. at least, they got a chance to explore without me having to follow them everywhere. plus, my room has many hiding spots ... because it's a pig's sty :doh:

Ah yes, the panic when you look at teh cage and see there are less rats than there should be! I know it well! Thankfully I keep my door closed all the time to keep our dog out, so they can't go far...still, trying to get a rat to come out of the holes they made in your boxspring is NOT easy! At least Moose came when you called and they didn't get into anywhere too dangerous or tricky!
Glad you got them back in their cage! I'm sure THEY had lots of fun!

Back