eris my pit puppy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempeltontherat13021

eris028.jpg

He is a cutie...
All those dogs need is a good owner, strong discipline and lots of exercise, that will make them excellent pets.
Yesterday on our walk there was a young man with a muscle type dog, not a pittie though, the dog was a pup still and completely out of control. I shuddered to think what that dog will be like when he's full grown.

Ratlover101 said:
Ok thats right, there not illegal there. I wished I live there :( I want one so bad but they are banned here in Ontario.

If you comply with the law in Ontario, you can adopt a grandfathered pitbull. We were looking into adopting one as our second dog, but our yard isn't fenced yet and then Cody basically fell in our laps. They have lots of older (3ish plus I believe) pits at the Toronto Humane Society usually. :stickpoke:

You shouldn't let that dog so close to your baby!

Just kidding.

I've owned APBTs my whole life, they are the most amazing dogs. They're versatile, smart, funny, and excellent with kids despite what the media portrays them to be. They're actually kind of like rats in the dog world. Everyone is misinformed and fears them because of the hype. Pit Bulls were raised to fight dogs, but human aggression was bred out of them because the handler actually had to reach in and grab the dogs mid-fight. Any dog that bite someone was shot. They were bred to be good family dogs to. Also, I want to point out to anyone who may be interested in getting a pit bull, the story of "its all in how they were raised" is a bunch of bull. I mean, sure there could be some truth to it but for the most part these are sound and stable dogs. You can do a google search on Pits that were rescued from horrible situations that later go on to saving their owners lives, or being therapeutic dogs, search and rescue, or even just regular family pets. Its not all in how they're raised, these dogs have huge forgiving hearts. The situation is really sad in Ontario, but I don't think it'll last much longer. The Netherlands recently over turned a pit bull ban that lasted 15 years because they saw no difference in the amount of reported dog bites. All good things come with time :)
Thats a beautiful puppy you've got there. Are you a first time pittie owner?

rAttitude said:
You shouldn't let that dog so close to your baby!

Just kidding.

I've owned APBTs my whole life, they are the most amazing dogs. They're versatile, smart, funny, and excellent with kids despite what the media portrays them to be. They're actually kind of like rats in the dog world. Everyone is misinformed and fears them because of the hype. Pit Bulls were raised to fight dogs, but human aggression was bred out of them because the handler actually had to reach in and grab the dogs mid-fight. Any dog that bite someone was shot. They were bred to be good family dogs to. Also, I want to point out to anyone who may be interested in getting a pit bull, the story of "its all in how they were raised" is a bunch of bull. I mean, sure there could be some truth to it but for the most part these are sound and stable dogs. You can do a google search on Pits that were rescued from horrible situations that later go on to saving their owners lives, or being therapeutic dogs, search and rescue, or even just regular family pets. Its not all in how they're raised, these dogs have huge forgiving hearts. The situation is really sad in Ontario, but I don't think it'll last much longer. The Netherlands recently over turned a pit bull ban that lasted 15 years because they saw no difference in the amount of reported dog bites. All good things come with time :)
Thats a beautiful puppy you've got there. Are you a first time pittie owner?

no my bfs had one and his families pretty much all have pits, they are sweet dogs.

Kayla said:
Ratlover101 said:
Ok thats right, there not illegal there. I wished I live there :( I want one so bad but they are banned here in Ontario.

If you comply with the law in Ontario, you can adopt a grandfathered pitbull. We were looking into adopting one as our second dog, but our yard isn't fenced yet and then Cody basically fell in our laps. They have lots of older (3ish plus I believe) pits at the Toronto Humane Society usually. :stickpoke:

In certain areas of Ontario it's almost impossible to own even a grandfathered pit. Families are harassed mercilessly, and are constantly under scrutiny.

I have heard of people who have had dogs who didn't even remotely resemble pits, including a Viszla, a French Bulldog and a Boston Terrier, who sent their animals out of province because animal control said there was no way to prove that the dogs were not of pit heritage.

Moon said:
Kayla said:
Ratlover101 said:

In certain areas of Ontario it's almost impossible to own even a grandfathered pit. Families are harassed mercilessly, and are constantly under scrutiny.

I have heard of people who have had dogs who didn't even remotely resemble pits, including a Viszla, a French Bulldog and a Boston Terrier, who sent their animals out of province because animal control said there was no way to prove that the dogs were not of pit heritage.

wow im glad we can own them here but i think it was last year that the city tried to do a ban but we fought it and won they just did some dumb dog control ordinance...dumb because no one will enforce it...how is someone going to enforce ..unspayed female dogs are not allowed to be outside unsupervised..it is well meaning but dumb because there are too many dogs to know which dog is altered and which are not.

I love dogs for their personality and temperment, not for their breed. We recently had a beautiful young pittie girl at the shelter named Rosie. Rosie was one of the best dogs I have ever seen.......rock solid temperament, great doggie social skills....I used for my intro dog when testing new dogs temperament. I count on Rosie to be calm when I needed her to be, gentle and play full..she always knew what I needed her to do...never had a problem with her......If I didn't already have 4 dogs I would have had her in a minute. She is an exceptional girl. She found a great home.

Unfourtantly, like with a lot of dogs the people who get them don't have enough time to train them or exercise them. It take a lot of time, patience, and consistency to raise a puppy....something most people take way to lightly....and then it is the dog that suffers.

Dahlas said:
I love dogs for their personality and temperment, not for their breed. We recently had a beautiful young pittie girl at the shelter named Rosie. Rosie was one of the best dogs I have ever seen.......rock solid temperament, great doggie social skills....I used for my intro dog when testing new dogs temperament. I count on Rosie to be calm when I needed her to be, gentle and play full..she always knew what I needed her to do...never had a problem with her......If I didn't already have 4 dogs I would have had her in a minute. She is an exceptional girl. She found a great home.

Unfourtantly, like with a lot of dogs the people who get them don't have enough time to train them or exercise them. It take a lot of time, patience, and consistency to raise a puppy....something most people take way to lightly....and then it is the dog that suffers.

shes an extremely smart girl shes using her puppy pads and goes potty outside everytime i take her out. she tries to play with the rats.

Back