Ensure VS boost

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Sparrow

I want to give ensure to my mom rat and to Silas. But all I can find is boxes of 20 bottles or more. I just want have one by one. Boost is sold one by one. I wonder if Boost and Ensure are the same thing. Should I give Boost to the rats?

I don't know if you know or not, but when a container is opened it's only good for 3 days in the fridge. You can pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze the cubes so they don't lose goodness before you use it. Don't forget to shake really well before you pour.

Have you guys noticed the amount of sugar in those drinks? Its rediculous.... And i know a lot of sugar is not good for rats, right?
I used to drink those as meal replaces until i really read the ingredients. Maybe try something from a health food store instead?
Just my two cents...

Its good for rats that need the calories and the fluids. I often use it to get nasty tasting meds in, or palliative for a rat on the way out.

I very rarely use Boost/Ensure for a rat with a tumour...the sugars feed the tumour and make it grow even faster, same as with the nutrical/enervite, etc

It sure has it's place. It saved the life of my Alfred who would not eat ANYTHING but ensure for ages after a recurringly problematic neuter. And believe me I didn't just make it easy on him, I tried very hard to get him to take anything else. He'd have starved if not for ensure......
My best hopes for Scarlett & Silas, Jack Sparrow.

Nope, even those that are ok. When rats become old they susceptible to many illnesses and weight loss as well so I like to start giving them extras at around 24 months of age.

Back