Eating fur, cloths & hair

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkBlade

Hey quick question because I'm worried that Cookie has some kind of mental disease or something XD

But she eats my blanket (big blanket with fur), my cloths, my hair, her front paws' fur (out of boredom I know) plus I saw her eat Azury's back fur. Is it normal in a rat or is it just the out of boredom or habit thing?

She's the alpha female, she keeps flipping everyone over so nobody really plays with her and I know she's a very active, hyper rat. She always plays with me. When she plays with my other rats, they keep crying cuz she's too insane. (She doesn't hurt them, she's just really insane energy wise, she never stops).

But enyways, they have alot of toys in their cage. Furret tubes, blankets galore, things to climb on ect.. ect..

I have no idea, but I would like to know. My boys chew on my hair when they are snuggling with me - I have to watch them or I will be bald soon enough :roll:

It sounds like barbering to me. My boy Gunther has no fur left on his legs because it chews it all off...there isn't any fur on his neck either but that may be Teddy's doing, I think they are both barbers...

Back