Dragging back leg

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktina

I don't think Jasper is all that old, maybe a year or so. He's been kind of a lazy boy. While out he will sometimes lay down flat to rest. Today I noticed him limping. One of his back legs is not working. He's dragging it and kind of "knuckling" with it (but he's not walking on it). His other hind leg seems a tad weak, but I don't know if that's because he's just using that one leg.

What do you think this is?

He's kind of young to be starting rear end degeneration but, it's quite a possibility because we've seen some under 18 months start it.
Could be that he just hurt his leg and he needs some quiet time to heal.

when he's lying down watch the toes on that foot. If they quiver/shake a bit you probably have spinal nerve degeneration starting. The quivers will travel up the leg and you will even see it over the hip.

Does he seem in pain?

He doesn't seem in pain, I felt and squeezed the leg and he didn't mind. He has been sleeping more but I just figured that was his personality. Otherwise he's eating and drinking normally.

Back