Doxy online info (and a rave too)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

Hope it's ok to post this here..

My vet pretty much prescribes only baytril for everything. But I know I need doxycycline too cause my kid isn't getiing any better on just baytril. Someone gave me a link to this place:
http://globalpigeon.com/gps.php?action= ... o=1010-104
$26.95 for 100 grams (shipping was $10)
If you need Doxy (and can wait 2-3 wks for US & Canada Post knowing the company itself is prompt) GlobalPigeon has my raving recommendation! (least I can do in return for their admirable efforts for a first-time customer with a small order)

Ok, that all you need for the info.
Now I gotta rave about this company cause their customer service is above & beyond! but you don't need to read this part if you don't want (every time I try to shorten it I lengthen it :doh: )

Im not experienced at ordering things online, and this was meds I've been waiting to start! - and they're strangers in Savannah, Georgia - so maybe I was over-wary, impatient and got worried for nothing, but this company's boss had all the time & patience in the world for me (and you know how I can babble when I write - this being proof in itself :oops: ), he wrote me 3 times in 2 days over this and his responses & efforts were immediate, detailed & reassuring.

I ordered on Sept 16, when it hadn't appeared by the 30th (2 wks) I called them and they said they'd sent it Sept 17, they tried tracking it and couldn't find info so they gave me the tracking # and told me I could try calling CanadaPost. CanadaPost couldn't find it and told me the sender would have to deal with USPS.
I tried the trackng # myself on US Postal service and found what they were all finding:
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on September 17, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

So I wondered if the company had even sent it or if they'd messed up???

I emailed them and got a reply from the boss within an hour! saying that message is not uncommon with international mail and they often unfairly get flack over it from customers when they have sent the package, and it is USPS's policy that they the sender could not make a claim for 30 days, but still he promised to look into it next day (as business hours were closed).
Good as his word he wrote me next day (Oct 1) saying he'd contacted USPS and would let me know soon as he heard back.
Package arrived that day!

But I just gotta give them kudos for their Excellent Customer Service!! even tho this lack of tracking info is a USPS problem, not theirs. I can't get help that fast & caring in my regular grocery store!!

P.S. - When I wrote that it had arrived he replied that We spoke with the USPS and now all mail packages that leave our premises will be scanned before leaving, of which we will receive a copy of the scan. At least we can say that we have proof that it was picked up.
So hopefully those good people will have fewer headaches now too!

wow.. ya..they definately do have great customer service. there are lots of people out there that still care. its good that they are looking into having a reacurring problem fixed.. as it not only helps the customers.. but them as well.
ha.. i can imagine you on the phone.. ur a rambler like me fidget.. its great.. i dont know how to make a long story short haha. only difference is you stick to the point.. i start trailing off topic and sometimes forget what my point was suppost to be in the first place.haha.
anyway... excuse my ignorance, but what is doxy for exactly. the link said it was for canker... that really doesnt explain anything for me ??!! lol..

Here's info dubchick: http://ratguide.com/meds/antimicrobial_ ... ycline.php
lol at you and me!

MumsyRat, the package says Doxycycline Hyclaat 20%. I got these instructions from a ratty expert who is using the same product from the same place for ratties -
Mix 1/8 level tsp doxycycline powder with 10 ml liquid (strawberry syrup, choc syrup, etc) Shake really well. Keep in the fridge. Shake thoroughly before each use. The mixture is good for about 2 weeks - after that, make a fresh batch.
Low end dose for a rat is 2.5 mg/kg, High end dose is 5 mg/kg. If Fidget weighs 0.85 lbs that's 385 grams. So low end dose is 0.1 ml 2xday and high end is .2 ml 2xday.

Back