Don't rats ever...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gramma2jaakk

blink? :lol:

This morning while Neal and I were working on fish tanks, I looked into the little girls cage and saw Cindy and Amy (though well hidden by Cindy) lying in the birdnest. I could see Cindy real well, and her eyes were open. She looked like she was very relaxed, with her chin on the edge of the nest door and her eyes were open. For like... 10 minutes! I pointed this out to Neal, and he said she is just very relaxed. But GEEZ! I can't keep my eyes open that long without blinking.

Anita

I did write yesterday but the post was lost when the server went down.

Sid sleeps with his eyes open. He always has done. You can tell when he is sleeping because his eyes go kind of cloudy and unfocused. It was quite scary when he was a baby and i first noticed it (i had to check he was still breathing lol, poor thing jumped out his skin when i disrupted his sleep). I always worried his eyes would dry up but ofc they havent lol

My rats almost never blink. I will see on of them, and if they are blinking with just one eye, I will know that they just woke up. I have only ever seen them blink a few times lol. :wink2:

a couple of days ago it was rather warm and ink was spralled out of the castle hut laying on her side sleeping. her eyes were open but one side of her face was smushed on the floor so that eye was kinda squinty and the skin there was kinda pushed up so it looked a little weird. i was fine with it, as i often see mine sleeping with their eyes open (so often i forget what my reaction was when i first saw it). but my visitor hadn't seen it before and knows i really love my rats. so hesitantly she calls me over and says she thinks one of the rats may be hurt. that got my blood pumping until i saw what she was looking at. i explained that they sleep with their eyes open and the strange side of the face is just because of the way ink was laying down. it took me having to wake ink up to prove that she was just fine. thankfully ink being ink was more then happy to wake up for a chance to escape the cage and run off to torment the cats... :p

Back