Dog ate rat poop will he get sick?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie

Hi,

I had my rats out on the couch for free time, and one of them dropped a few raisens. I went to the bathroom to get some tissue to pick it up and when I got back it was gone. Pretty sure my dog, Angus ate it :sick2:

Does anyone know if this will make him sick or ill?

Thanks

My dogs love rattie raisins! I try to clean them up first but sometimes they beat me to it. They also try to eat the cat poop in the litter box. And they will eat fox poop when out walking. Dogs are poop eaters, plain and simple. A couple of teeny rat turds sure aren't going to make a difference!!! LOL

LOL, if so, there's probably a lot of dead dogs around the forum.

I have a cat that loves playing with rat poo

I swear my rats throw their poo out to the dogs on purpose, I find my dogs hoovering up rat raisins all the time . . . I figure it's not the worst kind of poo they could eat . . .

We keep our litter boxes for the cats behind a baby gate, our dogs cannot resist the kitty crunchy buffet

ugh, doggies with cat poo breath are so blech. Plus cat feces has a lot more nasty stuff in it than rat poo :sick2:

Rat poops are cute, I said it! :giggle:

My mum's dog loves it when I come home, I'm sure solely for the fact that he can have a chewy treat when the rats boot out a raisin or two XD

One of our cats has been known to try rat poop from time to time; she generally wolfs it down, then makes that awful "ack here comes a hairball" face/sound and drools and gags for a minute or two. Then she'll get past it and I guess the turd goes down, and she licks her chops and sniffs around for another. Perhaps rat poop is an aquired taste.

This topic is very helpful, im getting a puppy soon and was a bit worried about him picking up some of the tings the rats kick out of their cage! I guess its pretty safe... they only kick out a few raisns and mostly crackers from their night feeding haha

My dog regularly checks around the cage for poops that have been kicked out lol. Part of me appreciates her keeping the floor clean but the rest of me thinks that it's absolutely disgusting haha! She loooves her rat "treats" :sick2: :lol:

Bamboo said:
My dog regularly checks around the cage for poops that have been kicked out lol. Part of me appreciates her keeping the floor clean but the rest of me thinks that it's absolutely disgusting haha! She loooves her rat "treats" :sick2: :lol:
:laugh4:
Rat treats!! Hahahaha

Bamboo said:
Haha yeah. Mine too. She always goes to check for them, or for food.

Back