Dexter lives up to his name...He Bit Me UPDATE.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it only when you touch him in a certain area/way that he bites you?
Is it possible that he is in pain and that is why he is lashing out?

Personally, I would try metacam, Rescue Remedy (available at whole foods) or infant advil before considering having him pts.

If it makes you sad to see him alone and he seems to be ok I wouldnt put him to sleep till it is time not because of most of these circumstances. If he is on his deathbed and ready that is one thing but with the mix of the others it just seems more polite to allow him to live his life out rather than end it prematurely because he bites.

I'm not the type of person who gives up easily.
The last few days for me has been full of bad news and worry and getting badly bit again....
Bad day today but I will keep trying with Dexter and let him live out his life.
His health is poor and I will be surprised if he made it to his second birthday. :(
Poor sweetie.
I wish he had a happier life. :heart:
Thanx for all your help. :hugs:

The only person who can answer the question "should he be pts" is you..

A loving owner always knows best and if that's how you truly feel you need to follow your heart. Sounds to me like this poor fella is just going downhill.. On one hand you could keep him and do your best with trying not to handle him, but on the other hand if he is unhappy and doesnt have a friend to live with will he be happier on the rainbow bridge?

briser said:
The only person who can answer the question "should he be pts" is you..

A loving owner always knows best and if that's how you truly feel you need to follow your heart. Sounds to me like this poor fella is just going downhill.. On one hand you could keep him and do your best with trying not to handle him, but on the other hand if he is unhappy and doesnt have a friend to live with will he be happier on the rainbow bridge?

Definitely the worst part of loving rats. :(
:cuddle:

I have been having a difficult time lately and having Dex bite me again was awful to say the least. :gaah:
I have given it a lot of thought and Dexter is staying.
I love him, plain and simple.
He is now living in Holly's room in a single CN.
Dexter is calmer but will always be an intense boy.
I couldn't see me giving him away or having him pts.
Thank you so much for all your help and offers to take him etc. :cuddle:

That is great news Sharlee... He's probably got some short circuits going awry in his head and he just can't deal. Having his own place and living out his life in a quiet spot is the best he can ask for.
Not too many people would look past a rat bite. You are a good strong rattie mom. :heart:

Back