Dewi and Ginger

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Ginger did't get the lump on his side removed. I mentioned in a previous post that he may have a tooth abscess, now it turns out that it is a tumour. It was infected but after antibiotics the infection has been sorted out. Unfortunately the growth is still there and is now growing very fast. He's reached the stage where he can't eat properly and is weak and in pain. So this weekend my sweet little man will most likely be PTS. The vet saw Ginger today and thought this was a good idea too. I'm going to miss my little man so much :heart: :heart: :heart: .

Thank you Jo for asking about Ginger.

Thanks guys! Ginger was PTS this morning (saturday). As far as suffering goes, I think it was good timing, not too early and not too late. I will miss him dearly! Another of the original rats has gone. His first 5 or 6 months of life were rough, but he got to live in a loving home with us for at least 2.5 years. He was at least 39 months when he passed away, so he did well.

Be at peace Ginger Bear :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: .

That's a very sweet thing to say :cuddle:. There's always room for improvement though, but we're getting better with caring for the ratties.

Back