Denny's New Cage (pics)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Well tonight I went and picked up Denny's new abode. It used to be a rabbit cage, and with a few zipties, totally useable.

IMG_6180.jpg

I found this carpet at Wal Mart (ugh) but it was a dollar. And fits PERFECTLY in the bottom! I know later I will regret this, but for a bit it will be ok. I bought 3, so I can cycle them.

IMG_6181.jpg

With all the toys and his food dish. (Water bottle was added when I moved it to its spot).
IMG_6199.jpg

Denny checking out his new toys.

IMG_6188.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6190.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6194.jpg

IMG_6196.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

Denny out and about.

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

Yum! (Naughty mommy...)
IMG_6166.jpg

*sigh* He's just not very happy at all.
IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

I couldn't figure where to put the cage at where it was hidden well enough. It wouldn't fit in the closet. :evil:

But it fit under the desk! It's now deemed "The Rat Cave".
IMG_6202.jpg

"What rat cage? I have no idea what you are talking about."
IMG_6203.jpg

LOL. I recall hiding a rat cage in my closet, the desk had little room!

What a great set up for him. You're certainly doing all you can do.

Thanks, guys! He acts like he likes it, I believe. He got a real kick out of the feather toy I made. :)

I actually like The Rat Cave better than the closet... I can just reach down and open the door, and he comes running to me. Plus it's less confined.

When my boys lived with me in rez they lived under the desk too :D but most of the time they were running around like maniacs....
and only escaped once (and by escaped i mean i watched Hunter sneak out the door and down the hall...he looks up at me "Hey mom! there you are! i swear i was just looking for you...yea...just checking to see where you went....")

But my RA was pretty lax....like....the time i brought my golden retreiver in....and someone elses labradoodle....(thank GOODNESS for backdoors that open up away from the main desk area)

Denny got out once, but not out of the room, thank goodness. :shock: I don't know what I'd do if he did... Scream or something. Not many "cool" people here. Although I do know that a girl on the 4th floor has a CAT in her room. :lol:

I think tonight we are going to attempt a run to the rescue tonight and see if they have any boys in. We shall see!

Wow, I always heard Guelph was tough on people with pets. Apparently not!

I had Cody with me most of the year at Queen's in res and most of the floor knew about her (those I trusted) so she got more playtime than necessary, lol. My RA may have clued in near the end of the year but I had made a point of being really nice to her and well behaved starting day one so I think she pretended not to know. I'd love to find her and ask if she actually knew. ;)

We weren't even allowed fish. :roll:

^
Thats kind of silly about the fish.
I can understand dogs, even cats, but something that is caged (or in a fish bowl!) seems like a different story.

Fish we can have... In ten gallon aquariums or less.

*looks at twenty gallon sitting on desk*

Doo doo doo...

Yes .... I had been planing on living in a residence apartment this year but when I asked if they allowed small cage pets like a hamster, I was told no, they don't even allow fish.
Guess it is for the best ... would have been hard to hide 26 ratties ...

Denny's cage looks great!

Somehow as a team a bunch of floormates went out and bought a 20 gallon tank and a bunch of tropical fish and sneaked it in. It was quite difficult!

I never understood the no fish... What do fish do? I mean besides water damage should it somehow bust. Hmm.

So far so good, although when I was carrying the cage in, EVERY RA from this building HAPPENED to be on our floor. I just plopped it down and ranted about how I found it for 5 bucks on Craigslist for my rabbit at home. They bought it. 8)

Back