Denny... Aggressive to new babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we took a trip to the vet, and she said there is nothing wrong with him outwardly, and in fact is rather a healthy boy, but did notice a change in behavior (she's the same vet I brought him to when I first got him and when they had their myco flare-up). She's not a "rat psychologist" (her words) but she suggested a same age friend STAT esp. if he is not taking to the babies and he keeps on like he is. I'm not so sure about that. I'm worried I'd end up with TWO lone rats and a happy pair, or a happy trio and a still unhappy Denny. *sigh* I'm going to keep on keepin' on with the babies, though. Eventually he has to like them, right? :?

I had her check over the babies, too, since I was there and they don't charge extra for multiples anyway, and they are also nice and healthy. She was impressed at how licky Preston was.

I certainly wouldn't run out to find him a buddy, I'd work on getting him with the babies. I bet he's really missing the other little guy.

I agree with you, Jo. I didn't plan on it. That I think would cause more issues than solve, especially if Denny doesn't take to him.

I think he misses Mikey horribly. I've had him out for the evening and he's still wonky, just wants to sit and be patted and pouty. *sigh*

Poor Denny, it's so sad he's taking Mikeys loss so hard, and this has to be so hard on you grieving not just Mikey's loss but Denny's heart too. Its a relief he's physically ok anyway, I guess his grieving has to run it's course :( You're a good mom.

Mikey was all he knew from the time he was just a bitty baby like the new boys. :( I understand him taking it hard, I just wish it were easier to get him to like/accept the new boys so maybe he won't be so lonely. But I guess like humans grief just needs to run its course, we can't rush it.

Poor Denny :( I didn't even realize Mikey passed... I'm so sorry Cait :(

Or did I know that and forget? Ah sheesh.

ETA: Found your post in Gone But Not Forgotten. I guess I had missed it :(

I saw that you found the thread. Thank you again (all of you) for your kind words in Mikey's passing.

I think that tomorrow I will try again. My sister has a bathtub I can use at any time of day. :p Hehhee. Perhaps things will go better this time. *crosses fingers*

Thanks, Fidget! I'll need as many fingers crossed as I can get.

Although, I had the two babies out today and I noticed they had a smell to them, when before they didn't. Not exactly rat, but, like almost rat. Hmm. I think it may have been their dinner. They aren't exactly neat eaters. :lol:

Cait said:
I had the two babies out today and I noticed they had a smell to them, when before they didn't. Not exactly rat, but, like almost rat....
Lol! Do you think they might be - Rats? :lol:
Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow...

It must be! LOL

BTW... looks like it worked...

IMG_6422.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back