Dean's either old or giving up the fight lol

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitLuvs

So we tried intro's tonight with Dean and Lenir/Bobby/Ash/Loki....

usually I toss everyone into a non neutral area so I can see where the problems are and then start with neutral/baths and work my way into the group.

Dean has no issues with the boys, none. This is the rat that would roll with ANY rat that came across his path except his brother and the very submissive Stewart who loved everyone.

Either Dean's given up the fight of being macho man, or he's just to darn old to care.

All boys have been on the sofa for 2 hours, not one puff or squabble. He even let Bobby groom him and flip him over. Nothing.

Looks like my 5 remaining boys get to live in an open double FN. I have waited for this day for so long.

My mom's rat Thomas was like that too. In his younger days, there was no introing him to anyone new. But then his two brothers passed and he needed to meet new rats... Thomas was a changed boy. And a happy one at that after being introed to a big colony. He enjoyed cuddles and grooming right till his end.

I really think that's what is happening with Dean. He's spent the last 48hours alone. Instead of chasing him around the cage for out time, he's just sitting there wanting to be picked up. He had no issues with the boys, even when I put him in their cage with him. Another couple of days of intros and I think we'll be safe to drop the level! I don't want to rush it, in case he doesn't care simply because he's depressed. I'd like to watch for personality change first, he may still have some fight in him lol

Over all though, it was nice to see all boys together. Since I brought Sam and Dean home almost 2 years ago, I have never had ONE CAGE. It's something to look forwards to. I would like to see Dean happy again.

It was similar with my Pony. I've always called my Pony a bully... just not nice with other rats. When all the Science North boys died off, he became a changed rat. He's sweet and absolutely adores his new crew. It's weird how they change like that.

Back