Dead skin? Infection? [Post surgery inquiry]

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandon

So I examined Momo's wound today and I'd just like to get some opinions on it. It seems to have opened up [slightly] in one area in what I can only describe as something similar to an open blister, with white skin all around the opening.

rMTh9sZ.jpg

Is the wound infected? Or is that just dead skin? I'm just wondering if I should take her back into the vet to have that looked at or if she's still steadily healing.. because I would have thought by now the wound wouldn't be able to be opened. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

The nose is the best to use for any possible infection, get your nose in there and sniff awau. The incision looks okay. A bit rough and rragged but I don't see anything alarming. :)

Also if you look at the top part of the suture, you can see a kind of moist blue/white scab building inside. Is that alright? I assume it's just part of the healing process and it happened to open a little, showing the gross workings inside the wound.

Back