Dead end

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samii

Well, since I didn't have success introducing my boys before I took a break. Tonight, I tried again and failed horribly. I wiped everyone down with a deodorizing wipe and put them all in the bath tub. In less than a minute, Quincy was puffed up and ready to fight.

Him and Luffy got in a tussle and both ended up with injuries. Luffy got a bite wound behind front leg, about a half an inch wide and Quincy just got a scratch on the side of his face. I'm at a dead end here.

I think my only option is to neuter Quincy. I can't neuter Luffy because his age is unknown. I asked the vet already and she wasn't very confident in doing the surgery. He's not that aggressive of a rat either. The only injuries he's inflicted on his cage mate, Simon, were minor. He's just grumpy. But, Quincy is a piece of work and looked like he was searching for a fight. They're all adults now and I'm afraid they'll never be able to live together. Part of it was my fault for not being persistent with introductions sooner, but now I'm at a standstill.

:/

Also. I don't think I need to treat Luffy's wound. I've heard rat wounds heal quickly and usually don't need treatment? If not, is there anything around the house that I can use to clean it with?

Edit - I cleaned up his wound with some warm water and it's not as big as I thought.

Last edited:
Sounds like a neuter for Quincy is a great idea. He sounds hormonal and Luffy is just defending himself. Don't worry about Luffys wounds, but if there was any punctures they may abscess later on.

Latest posts

Back