Day 4 of Intros.....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahA

So it's day 4 of intros with my girls and boys...
The boys were neutered 4 weeks ago on the 3rd but I wanted Galaxy to have healed from his neuter abscess before I started intros with the girls just in case!
Things have been going fine with the intros so far the boys have been every intimidated by the mad ladies lost of licking and sniffing. Poor Galaxy got a beating from Shy-one on day 2 as he disturbed her from her sleep on the couch. :whip:
Today I thought I'd let the boys invade the girls cage as the girls always have got one over on the boys on the couch... best decision ever!
The girls didn't mind at all, there was one scuffle as Galaxy entered the hidey house whilst Shy-one was eating she wrestled him to the ground and put him in his place!
The boys soon found the girls Sputnik and curled up totally relaxed then Crazy decided she'd join them, it was the most adorable thing I had my video camera/ DSLR on hand thankfully I manage to capture some lovely footage/photos.
Crazy has officially claimed the boys especially Galaxy she is still with him now as I type.
I'm so happy with how its going I just wondering if it's too soon to open up the whole cage for all of them or not?!
image.php

image.php

:cloud9:

Thank you Jo and Ace.

I ended up putting them back into their separate sections of the cage that night. I think Galaxy must have been pining for the girls as he kept climbing to the top of the cage door and looking up to the girls section.
So on Friday I did a full scrub down of all the cage and accessories and opened up both sections. I put in all the rats back in they seem content, Shy-one had a few grumpy moments telling the boys shes boss lol! There was about 5 minuates of exploring before Crazy, Galaxy and moon all squished into a hat hammock, it looked so funny! :lol:
All is harmony today and all the rats slept in the igloo together so I'm really chuffed how well the intros went.

Back