Davros had paraphimosis

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat.charmer

Poor little boy - his manbits have gone through so much in the past few days - first his neuter, now this. He had to suffer his ma and pa restraining him and covering his poor red swollen penis with lubricant and then trying to wiggle it back into the sheath. We used some sugar to get the swelling down. He was making the saddest little noises of distress while we were holding him and treating him. He didn't try to bite once.

The part that breaks my heart the most is that all he wanted to do was play when we had him out. "Mom, why are you doing this? I wanna wrestle! Wrestle with me aaaaargggggh!" He wasn't even mad at us at the end of it all, just sugary and oily and still as playful as ever.

Hopefully this is the last we see of this problem!

I have heard that the internal swelling from a neuter can push it out? It happens with dogs sometimes and I have heard about it with 2 other boys that were just neutered including my Goliath.

Did it stay back in? You also may want to try metacam or ibuprofen to see if it helps with swelling.

You had to do what you had to do, right?! That's wonderful the Davros' paraphimosis cleared up. One of my boys is still struggling on with it, though we have been doing so much.

I still think the funniest moment was when we realize we had to molest our little boy. I looked at my husband, and asked, "So, do you want to hold or shall I?" He gave me a look and said, "I'll hold him...and you...treat him...." *rolls her eyes* LOL

We ended up using olive oil, which was the only safe oil in the house since we knew he'd try to lick it and it worked beautiful. I do think it was due to swelling from the neuter, since his paraphimosis showed up the first day we stopped his metacam.

Back