Darcy is gone.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MumsyRat

Most of the people in Darcy's life though he was mean, or stupid and not worth caring about but they were wrong. Darcy was an exceptional cat and I'll miss him more than words can ever say.

Only 5 years old. Goodbye my darling boy.

Ohhh Elizabeth, your young cranky man was soo beautiful. I don't know how anyone could say that about him. They obviously didn't try to get to know the "real cat" inside.

You respected him for being himself and thats not as common as people think.

I am so sorry your Darcy had to leave you :sad3:

(((Hugs))))

This is awful he was so young and so pretty. I actually love cranky cats I grew up on a dairy farm so we always had feral cats around and I loved trying to tame them.

Thank goodness for you and your kind heart.

It's never easy when our beloved fur children leave us especially when they are so young. It's such a helpless feeling not being able to "make it all better" and comprehend why this happened to them. It is difficult not to feel resentment when our heart is breaking and we are so blinded with pain. All we can think of is Why? Why did this have to happen? What went wrong? Why couldn't someone help? What else could we have done? The "what ifs" will smother us if we let them. With our hearts still aching, we search for answers to questions that can't be answered. We cry, grieve, hurt until we feel empty.

Then, a glimmer of light shines through the gloom. Thoughts our loved one begin to turn to loving ones, of sweet memories of our time together. We still mourn and cry, but we begin to see why we were together and we begin to see the purpose in it all. We realize how much our lives were enriched and changed by having this precious animal in our lives. We also begin to realize how much we influenced their lives as well and we are finally able to breathe again and go on, knowing that the love we had did not end with their death, but lasts forever.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Elizabeth. I sincerely wish there was more I could have done for Darcy. May your heart heal soon.

Back