Damaging intro injuries with boys.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefloats

Not active.
I love my boys so much more so than girls. I can generally tell who will be a firecracker and who wont be. I under estimated Irish my 3 month old boy.

Boys generally do not hit the hormonal issues as early as he did. I can tell you that they in fact can hit them early. He was always rough housing with the boys but never with injury. Until I tried intros with him. When they hit it this early there is going to be major problems later.

Chimp was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The moment I set down Irish, he sniffed around and instant rat fight. Chimp is a Pita but by no means instigated this one. Irish was pulled out and is now alone. I took this a sign and he wont do it to the other babies.

He will be neutered on friday. I was planning on keeping him as my own anyway so he will heal, sperm will die and he will meet some of the girls. Hopefully.

17899_10151347624011409_547609255_n.jpg

72725_10151347624586409_1568196271_n.jpg

299189_10151347624596409_1064495170_n.jpg

You can see the entry for the bottom, but not the top teeth i am assuming they hit his eye or in his eyelid. I have been doing antibiotic eye drops and oral antibiotics. I have also been giving metacam to help him with the swelling.

This is why I always suggest neuters.

I can only hope it isnt so damaged that it becomes a huge problem. I scheduled him to go with me first thing friday morning so my vet can look at it and see if we need to do something. Keep your fingers crossed for him.

First pic I would say yes it will heal fine. Last pic with the red under the eye...could teeth have scraped over him? I would watch it carefully. If you have metacam i would give him some to prevent any dangerous swelling.

I am assuming maybe they went in his eye. inbetween the eyelid and so on. I dont see an puncture wound for the top and it is pretty hard to leave one set of teeth marks.

Oh that poor baby!!!
:heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Me :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Al :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Curley :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Kona :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Bumbles :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From GMC :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Finn :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Axe :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Throttle :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Popper :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Peanut :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Snickers :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Grumpy :heart: :hugs: :cuddle: From Oliver Many time over..... :heart:

He has a white spot on his chest. So he is really an irish rat. So I have been trying to come up with an "irish" fighting name but i am so used to calling him Irish that it will probably stay Irish.

his eye is fine. Healed up like nothing happened. They did well for a few days then George decided he would be a punk and now they are fighting. So i pulled them out yet again.

jorats said:
Poor little chimp.
Irish... so appropriately named. lol What a bugger. Off with your nuts then little man.

My exact thoughts right off the bat haha! Good to hear

hopefloats said:
his eye is fine. Healed up like nothing happened. They did well for a few days then George decided he would be a punk and now they are fighting. So i pulled them out yet again.

Great to hear! I was worried, he is a cute looking guy!

Back